Many logistics companies are familiar with the problems of draughts at industrial doors of warehouses.
When delivery services deliver or pick up goods at the warehouse door or loading ramp, the open door causes air mass movements, as thermally different air masses always tend to balance each other out. Warm air escapes in the upper door area and cold air coming from outside flows inside and causes energy losses. In principle, this is no different in cold storage or deep-freeze rooms, even if the energy loss is reversed here, since the air entering from the outside must be cooled down again so that no icing occurs or the legally prescribed cold chain is not interrupted.
What to do if the warehouse cools down too quickly because of draughts?
For reasons of faster loading and unloading, industrial doors are happy to remain open during delivery.
This is why many logistics companies opt for invisible “gates made of air”. These air curtain solutions create an “air curtain” through physical effects, either of warm or cold air. This air curtain can have 2 different orientations:
- the air curtain starts immediately above the gate and extends to the ground. See fig. 1 below!
- the air curtain can be created by 2 standing air curtains to the right and left of the door, whereby the air curtain must be at least as high as the door opening. The air jet then runs horizontally – from one side to completely the other side of the The air jet then runs horizontally – from one side to completely the other side of the door (from the left as well as from the right). See fig. 2 below!
In this way, the mechanical door can remain open. The vehicle can stand in the door area during loading and unloading without cold air entering the room or warm or cool air escaping.
The better alternative
Some companies use louvre curtains to reduce the air exchange at the gates. The disadvantages of these louvre curtains are: limited visibility for delivery traffic and heavy wear of the louvres by the delivery traffic passing through. The exchange of differently conditioned air masses is usually only guaranteed to a limited extent. In deep-freeze logistics, icing of the slats often leads to breakage of the slats and an increase in the risk of accidents.
From experience, the air curtain for industrial doors is the better alternative for us because there is no wear of physical elements and the effect is better achieved than with PVC slat curtains.
Fig. 1 Air curtain unit as ceiling construction Fig. 2 Air curtain unit as standing solution
- Air curtain system
- Generated air wall
Door air curtain solutions for storage rooms and warehouses
TIC 3000/6000/7000 Hot and cold air curtains
- Installation inside the room above or next to the door (hanging or standing).
- The air jet prevents air and temperature exchange
- Large throw range
- Homogeneous air jet due to special nozzles for air guidance
- Erp-compliant EC or AC fans
- 230 volt or 400 volt versions
- Control via HATI 5-speed or stepless via GTC EC
ZEPHYR COOL EC Recirculating air curtains
- Screening of warm air in the sales or storage room
- Room temperature is kept at a constant level
- Ready-to-connect solution
- Saves energy costs
- TEKADOOR electronic control GTC EC
Good reasons for the use of air curtains
- Optimal adaptation of the air flow rate to the outside and inside temperature
- Dust and odours from outside are largely screened out
- Reduces sick leave of logistics staff
- Secures cold chains
- Certified air curtains by TÜV Süd
- ErP-compliant (energy related product), energy-efficient motors
Are you also interested in an air curtain?
Tekadoor will be happy to analyse your individual needs. We take into account the design of the building, the noise level, the installation conditions, the ease of use for you and the staff, the advisory service regarding such air-conditioning solutions and energy efficiency.
We are happy to advise you
We will be happy to help you design the optimum air curtain system. You also have the option of using our call-back service or the design form. Tell us the day and time of day and we will be happy to call you back.
- MEHR KLIMAFREUNDLICHKEIT AM FLUGHAFEN DURCH DEN EINSATZ VON LUFTSCHLEIERANLAGEN
- ENDLICH WENIGER ZUGLUFT UND WÄRMEVERLUSTE IM BAUMARKT
- DAMIT IHRE HOTELGÄSTE SICH WOHLFÜHLEN
This post is also available in: German